Holy Quran is a book that Allah had revealed to prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) to be a guidance to all people and to take them from the darkness of the ignorance to the light of the belief and knowing Allah, as Allah Glory Be To Him says that:” Alif. Lam. Ra. (This is) a Scripture which We have revealed to you (O Muhammad) that thereby you may bring forth people from darkness to light, by the permission of their Lord, to the path of the Mighty, the Owner of Praise.” (14:1)
But, you should put in your consideration that in order to reach the right path, you have to follow the rules of the Holy Quran and to apply them in your life. So, to do that, you have to learn more about Quran and understand its meanings to gain Allah’s forgiveness and mercy.
“And this is a blessed Scripture which We have revealed. So follow it and fear (God), that you may find mercy.” (6:155)
The Virtues of the Holy Quran:
The Holy Quran has many effects on our souls and not only our souls(the inner effect), but also our organs.
“God has now revealed the best of Scriptures, a Book with parts resembling each other (and) frequently repeated, which raises the hair on the sins of those who fear their Lord, so that their flesh and their hearts soften to the remembrance of God. That is the guidance of God, He guides with it whom He pleases; and whom God leaves astray, for him there is no guide.”
In addition , The Holy Quran affects not only humans, but also the jinn, as in Quran, Allah says that, he had sent some of the jinn to listen to the prophet Mohammed PBUH, while he was reciting Quran, and they felt its meanings and went to the other jinn to tell them about the Holy Quran and the prophet PBUH.
As well as, it affects the inanimate bodies as Allah Glory Be To Him says that:
” If We had caused this Quran to descend upon a mountain, you (O Muhammad) verily had seen it humbled, rent asunder by the fear of God. Such similitude coin We for people that perhaps they may reflect.”
1- Holy Quran softs The stone-hearted people:
Although the inanimate bodies can be affected by Holy Quran, you can find stone-hearted people who cannot feel the beauty of Holy Quran while they are listening or reading it. And Allah Glory Be To Him warned them in Surah Al-Mutaffifin, that they won’t have the mercy of Allah in the hereafter.
So, Muslims should know that the hardness of the heart can not be cured without medicine but by returning to Quran, reading it and thinking about its meanings. There are a lot of verses referring to that, one of them:” O people! There has come to you an exhortation from your Lord, a balm for that which is in the breasts, a guidance and a mercy for believers.”
2-Holy Quran affects memory:
Many studies proved that memorizing Holy Quran effects the psychological health (the case in which there is an agreement between four things inside the person, which are the religion, the spirit, the body and the environment). Whenever, the amount of the memorizing increases, the psychological health increases also.
Also, a study concluded that, there is a positive relation between the amount of the memorization and the psychological health of the students, on whom the study was applied . As, the students with the highest level of the spiritual health were memorizing Holy Quran more than the others.
3-Holy Quran affects health positively;
You will find that every single person who tries to memorize and listen to Holy Quran, occasionally feels better and his life develops. Memorizing Quran effects also on the physical health. As, Many experiments proved that memorizing Quran strengthens the immunity system in the body of the human beings. In addition that, there are many benefits of memorizing Holy Quran some of them:
- Great capacity of the memory: memorizing Quran helps you to remember anything easily and fast.
- The serenity of the brain: when your soul feels calm, your brain will be so, effected by what you hear and memorize.
- The psychological peace and stability: you will find that the person who memorize Quran doesn’t have any psychological problems.
- The great pleasure and happiness that cannot be desired by words: Because memorizing Quran makes you over the moon by the words of Allah that is in your heart and brain.
- Getting rid of sadness, anxiety and worry: During reading and memorizing Holy Quran you will find some verses about the guidance, which makes you happy and sure that Allah will never let you lost, Allah (Glory Be To Him) will guide you to the straight path.
- The Arabic language: Allah Glory Be To Him has revealed the Holy Quran with the formal Arabic language, so that reading and memorizing Quran will help you to enhance your Arabic language.
- The ability of making a good reputation: When you memorize Quran ,you will gain the trust of the people, as they will believe you because you know Allah’s words.
- Getting rid of the physical and psychological diseases.
- Increasing your knowledge.
- The feeling of power and calmness inside your heart.
These are some of the Holy Quran benefits in the life, but in the hereafter there are more benefits Inshallah, like, seeing Allah Glory Be To Him, entering the paradise and meeting the prophet Mohammed PBUH. In the hereafter there is nothing better than meeting Allah and his Messenger PBUH. So, the best deed to win is to memorize, read, and try to apply the rules of Quran by following Allah’s orders and avoiding His preservation.
To find the best tutors, contact us here
May Allah help you to memorize it and guide you to the straight path.